Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-20 19:57:39

youpburden

[Solved] Annoying display windows always poping

Hi,

I'm using fedora 23 right now and i'm getting some troubles with xfce.*, I posted on Fedora forums for the same issue .
In fact, my problem isn't from fedora, it's the same with archlinux, mageia and opensuse (why not Xubuntu, I don't know ...), almost every main distros with xfce react the same on my computer.

When I login, I get a windows that asks me to set up my display (laptop screen) I set the resolution and everything else.

Here is the window that keeps poping up (in french language)
Setup display windows (FRENCH)

Then, after about 20 secs, I get the exact same windows poping asking me to set up my display again and again.
I don't know how, but if iI keep on accepting the settings and launching apps (firefox, libreoffice ...) the window stop poping up after about 20 or 30 times, then, everything is cool.

It's no big deal because the main problem lasts about 15 to 20 minutes, and then, I can work relax, but still ...

I'd like to know if someone had the same problem and how he fixed it (if he did)
XFCE is great DE, it's the first time i get problems.

Don't know how to handle it, maybe with a autostart script or something, i checked up the started up programs, but everything is fine I don't know where to look ....

Thanks,

Last edited by youpburden (2015-12-20 20:00:15)

#2 2015-12-20 21:22:51

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Annoying display windows always poping

Hello and welcome.

For some reason, your computer is issuing an XF86Display event and Xfce is reacting to it via the XF86Display shortcut. You should be able to delete the "XF86Display" shortcut (Settings Manager > Keyboard > Application shortcuts) and the dialogs should stop.

I've seen a few computers do this but I'm sure as to why the event is being issued.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-12-21 08:21:11

youpburden

Re: [Solved] Annoying display windows always poping

Thanks a lot ToZ, it worked.

It's awesome smile

Board footer