Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-17 14:08:25

DRAGSTER_TUNER

[Solved] how vanish with the sound icon pop up on right corner of desktop?

Hi friends!

Im having an annoying problem....always when i open an video with vlc, it starts to pop up on the top right corner of the screen an volume icon, and it just simply doesnt disappear until i click on it...its really pissing me off...

Someone knows how to turn it off??

The icon im mentioning is that one in the pic here:

http://s8.postimg.org/gp7eeg3fp/volume.png

volume.png

#2 2016-01-17 15:16:43

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] how vanish with the sound icon pop up on right corner of desktop?

First, lets confirm that you are using the Xfce4 notification daemon and not another one:

pgrep -a notif

If it is the xfce4-notify daemon that is running, its configuration settings can be found at Settings Manager > Notifications. Make sure that the disappear time is set to your liking.

If you want to get rid of all sound volume change notifications, you'll need to determine which application is sending the request. It might be an application like xfce4-volumed or a panel plugin like xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin.

Or perhaps its an issue with pulseaudio flat volumes. If you are using pulseaudio, try setting "flat-volumes = no" in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to keep vlc from changing the volume when it starts.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-01-17 19:33:21

DRAGSTER_TUNER

Re: [Solved] how vanish with the sound icon pop up on right corner of desktop?

"its configuration settings can be found at Settings Manager > Notifications. Make sure that the disappear time is set to your liking."

thx ToZ thats solved my problem! ;D

Board footer