Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-23 08:12:21

majest

Bug reports and fixes - active?

Hello,

I made a couple of small bug reports in the past year.

https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12062
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12370

When I check back in, they are still listed as new and, presumably, unread. I was wondering if I posted them in the wrong place (unspecified version number?) or perhaps if there just isn't much activity in development any more.

Thanks!

#2 2016-01-23 09:26:00

sixsixfive
Website

Re: Bug reports and fixes - active?

>I made a couple of small bug reports in the past year.

I made bug reports >4 years ago and never got an answer

anyway I found out that it depends on your package eg: xfwm bugs seems to be more active.

---------------------------------------------

Also I guess the mismanagement of the xfce web presence by the devs is one of xfce's biggest flaws - there is basically no communication between the developers and its users. You need many different accounts on many different services to contribute to xfce.(which is probably the main reason why there are no big improvements i the last 3 years).

I have seen a lot smaller projects that managed that a lot better(eg MATE or LXQt where everything: bugs + the code + translations + patches is stored on GitHub)

#3 2016-01-23 16:30:34

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Bug reports and fixes - active?

@majest,

The bug report about the #end anchcor (12370) works for me on my system that I build from git, so it must have been fixed somewhere along the line. Had a look around and maybe found the commit (and associated bug report) that it was fixed with. Looks like its part of exo version 0.10.7. What version of exo are you using?

The second bug report about brightness (12062) is interesting. The code:

brightness->priv->step =  max <= 20 ? 1 : max / 10;

...does the following:
- if the max value is less than 20, then use a step of 1 (maximum 20 steps)
- otherwise, divide the maximum value by 10 and use 10 equal steps

Assuming your maximum brightness level is greater than 20, you should have 10 equal steps. For example, assuming a max value of 1000, your steps should be in equal increments of 100. Why this is interesting, is that apparently your system doesn't have equal brightness increments. Can you post back the results of the following:

for interface in /sys/class/backlight/*; do echo -e "\n $interface"; cat $interface/{brightness,max_brightness,actual_brightness}; done

...this will help to identify which backlight interfaces your system exposes and what the maximum values are.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer