Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-28 14:38:52

beroal
Website

hide devices of other seats in Thunar

I have a multiseat computer. I have disabled "other seat" rights for every user in PolKit. When a user inserts an optical disk or a USB flash, a user on another seat can't mount it, but sees it in Thunar. The same is true for the floppy drive. This kind of confuses people.

#2 2016-02-29 14:43:04

ToZ
Administrator

Re: hide devices of other seats in Thunar

My laptop doesn't have a floppy or an optical drive, but when I mount USB devices, they only show up in that particular user's Thunar display (the other system user's don't see it). My laptop runs Arch Linux and it uses udisks2 to do the mounting - and by default, the mount points are created in each user's private /run/media/$USER/ directory. I'm guessing that if I had a floppy and/or optical drive that it would work the same provided that I didn't have entries for them in /etc/fstab and let Thunar's auto-mounting handle them.

Which distro are you using? Does it use udisks2 and/or are the thunar USB mounts created in a private directory?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-02-29 15:07:15

beroal
Website

Re: hide devices of other seats in Thunar

ToZ wrote:

let Thunar's auto-mounting handle them.

Which distro are you using? Does it use udisks2 and/or are the thunar USB mounts created in a private directory?

Mounting hides a device. I have conducted an experiment. Actually, another seat sees a USB flash memory for a brief time after it is in inserted and before it is auto-mounted. I did not use auto-mounting. Auto-mounting seems like a solution for everything but a floppy drive.

Board footer