Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-06 20:09:32

groze

<solved> Wallpaper won't change automatically

Wallpaper won't change automatically using xfdesktop-settings.   I am using  Linux debian 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u4 (2016-02-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux.    Debian Jessie 8.3 64 bit.  I modified Debian,  so I could use some PPAs I liked. 

The issue is I can't select a folder in xfdesktop-settings.    I have my pics in  home/groze/Pics.    Since,  I don't use a dual-monitor is there a simple way to install the older version of  xfdesktop-settings?

It could be because I don't know how the image list works now.

I even tried variety wallpaper changer and it wouldn't change either.  I purged variety & remove their ppa. 

Yes,  I have done a search on this and tried the suggestions but still didn't work.

Any other wallpaper program that might work or any ideas how to fix it?

Since Debian Jessie 8 xfce 64 is an LTS,   Do I need to enable another repository to get updates quicker that might fix the issue?  If so, how?  I am a little new when it comes to Debian.   I do know some Linux stuff.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Last edited by groze (2016-03-07 01:00:32)

#2 2016-03-06 23:45:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: <solved> Wallpaper won't change automatically

Hello and welcome.

What version of xfdesktop are you running? In 4.12, the folder is selected below the image list, and then you need to select an image from the list to enable it. Enabling the "Change the background" option will automatically switch rotate them based on the time specified. Image lists are no longer used in 4.12.

When you say "I can't select a folder", what exactly do you mean? What happens when you try?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-03-07 00:59:42

groze

Re: <solved> Wallpaper won't change automatically

Thank you ToZ.    I did figure out what I did incorrectly,   it is now changing.    I just was doing the image list incorrectly.   I was used to the older version that selected the images after you chose the folder.

Board footer