Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-17 21:04:02

alxgvr

Thunar suggestion.

Thunar is great. But it will be better if developers will add all three options for file view mode ( "Icons", "Detailed list", "Compact list") as icons on panel (from right side of the adress field).

I change this modes often, so it will be handy to have those icons on panel, not just in menu.

http://s17.postimg.org/krzkvwavj/thunar.png

Also, would be nice to be able to move trash bin icon, and desktop icon UNDER the favorite tabs list.
I don`t like when they at the top. Because I never use them. It is make sense to pull them down.

Last edited by alxgvr (2016-03-17 21:56:18)

#2 2016-03-18 02:59:51

MountainDewManiac

Re: Thunar suggestion.

I'm pretty happy that Thunar isn't cluttered up with icons that (IMO) relatively few people would use; I also feel that the lack of such things helps preserve Thunar's image as a file manager that has what it needs, but little of what it doesn't (which fits in with Xfce). But to each his/her/its own, I suppose.

Are you aware that you can hold the CTRL key and press 0, 1, and 2?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2016-03-18 03:03:27

MountainDewManiac

Whilst looking for a reason to increase my post count by one, lol, I thought to ask: Can one or both of those two directories you asked about (Desktop and Trash) be removed from the left side of Thunar? I have never used "Trash" and do not expect to ever do so as I delete files (instead of moving them).

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2016-03-18 09:01:06

sixsixfive
Website

alxgvr wrote:

Also, would be nice to be able to move trash bin icon, and desktop icon UNDER the favorite tabs list.
I don`t like when they at the top. Because I never use them. It is make sense to pull them down.

just right click on Закладки and untick the wanted entries

edit: ok i should read posts more carefully hmm , moving is not possible

Last edited by sixsixfive (2016-03-18 10:04:04)

#5 2016-03-26 02:55:19

Romane
Website

Late to the party again

Am with poster 2 (MountainDewManiac) - the relative simplicity of the interface is very appealing. Too many icons spoil the aesthetics (to twist another well-known cliche). However, to have an option in its settings (similar to how items can be chosen for the Desktop) would quite conveniently solve the issue, leaving us simple folks, well, happily simple big_smile

Romane

#6 2016-04-28 21:50:57

xyzdragon

alxgvr wrote:

I change this modes often, so it will be handy to have those icons on panel, not just in menu.

Why not use the corresponding shortcuts Ctrl+1 (Icons), Ctrl+2 (Detailed List), Ctrl+3 (Compact List) ?

What I find obnoxious (and one reason I'm trying my luck with nemo right now) is that thunar will apply that setting per window and not per folder and also won't remember it per folder (like Windows did and nemo does).

Board footer