Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-26 02:46:36

Romane
Website

Tiny suggestion

Good morning

Long-term KDE user, but gradually finding that logging into my Xfce environment more; good system, quick, reliable, easy to work with, comfortable to set up. Have tried the version offered by a couple of Distro's, but keep coming back to my old-time favourite, Debian (Testing).

Intro over. I have one very small suggestion.

There are many times (but not all times) when I have three things open all needed for the current work - a browser (takes up half a screen), an editor (in full-screen) and a word-processor (takes up 1/4 of a screen). Much of the time I wish to scroll a background application while still keeping the foreground application on top. This I can do in KDE, and it facilitates my work flow greatly.  In Xfce, that background app comes to the forefront as soon as I try to scroll it. Not a big or major issue, but if could do the same in Xfce would be wonderful cool

Romane

#2 2016-03-26 03:08:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Tiny suggestion

Try Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility > (uncheck) "Raise windows when any mouse button is pressed".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-03-26 03:30:04

Romane
Website

Re: Tiny suggestion

ToZ wrote:

Try Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility > (uncheck) "Raise windows when any mouse button is pressed".

Ha! It works! Thank you.

So easy and simple. Many many thanks. Had hunted through all the settings, but each time had examined this screen seemed to develop, it appears, a dose of selective blindness. Or blinkers.

Looks like the Xfce Desktop environment is now going to see much more consistent use from self.

Romane

Board footer