Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-14 10:48:11

hughparker1

[SOLVED] Best way to install Dropbox with Thunar integration

I have just installed ChaletOS 16.04 64-bit on my laptop which has Thunar file manager.  I would like to install Dropbox with Thunar integration and wasn't sure if using the "Ubuntu Software Centre" was ok to use since I noticed that it was called "nautilus-dropbox 2.10.0-2". I'm not sure if that option would give me Thunar integration. I would like to be able to right click on a file/folder and see the Dropbox option in the context menu.

The other option I was looking at is downloading the .deb file from https://www.dropbox.com/install but I think that may just be the same as the "Ubuntu Software Centre"

I wondered if anyone else had installed Dropbox with Thunar integration and could give me some advice or tips. Thanks.

Last edited by hughparker1 (2016-05-14 16:29:22)

#2 2016-05-14 13:44:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Best way to install Dropbox with Thunar integration

hughparker1 wrote:

I have just installed ChaletOS 16.04 64-bit on my laptop which has Thunar file manager.  I would like to install Dropbox with Thunar integration and wasn't sure if using the "Ubuntu Software Centre" was ok to use since I noticed that it was called "nautilus-dropbox 2.10.0-2".

There should also be a package there called thunar-dropbox-plugin. That's the one that you want to install. (Assuming that ChaletOS is using the same software repositories as Xubuntu).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-05-14 14:20:50

Jerry3904

ToZ wrote:

There should also be a package there called thunar-dropbox-plugin. That's the one that you want to install. (Assuming that ChaletOS is using the same software repositories as Xubuntu).

Interesting. That is not an Xfce package, I guess, since I don't see it on the Git page. Have to take a look at the Xubuntu repo.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#4 2016-05-14 14:39:40

hughparker1

ToZ wrote:

Thanks for reply, I can see this package using "Ubuntu Software Centre" so I'll install that now. I appreciate your help.

Board footer