Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-01 00:12:51

MountainDewManiac

Mint 18 Xfce Released

linux-mint-logo-domed-case-badge-techiant.jpg
The Xfce version of Clem Lefebvre's distro - Mint 18 has -  been released. It is based on Ubuntu 16.04 and will be supported until 2021.

Clem wrote:

Linux Mint 18 will receive security updates until 2021. Until 2018, future versions of Linux Mint will use the same package base as Linux Mint 18, making it trivial for people to upgrade. Until 2018, the development team won't start working on a new base and will be fully focused on this one.

The official announcement page at The Linux Mint Blog is here:

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3080

It contains a link to the "What's New..." page, a link to the "Release Notes..." page, and a link to upgrade instructions for those who are running Mint 17, 17.1, 17.2, and 17.3 and do not wish to perform a fresh install. The blog page also has a link to the torrent file and links to lots of mirrors in various countries.

Remember to verify the .ISO's MD5 or SHA-256 checksum in order to make sure that you have successfully downloaded a bit-for-bit copy of the file.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2016-08-03 21:12:11)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#2 2016-08-12 08:03:33

Lengendary

Re: Mint 18 Xfce Released

Have they fix thunar 1.6.10 crashed bug yet? It's been affect so many Xfce4.12 Linux distro.

#3 2016-08-12 11:53:40

MountainDewManiac

Re: Mint 18 Xfce Released

Whoops, lol. I had originally created a quick and sloppy post which (basically) stated something like, "IDK much about this new release except for... ...and that Clem has applied one of the several existing patches to Thunar so that it won't crash all the time," but then I later went back and edited it to make something that looked halfway decent.

I posted a comment somewhere on one of Clem's blog pages asking which version of Thunar he would be using for the release version of Mint 18 since the more recent versions were known to crash badly/often, and he edited in a reply stating he'd patched it. That's where I got that bit of information. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I left that comment or I would copy/paste it here.

I am not using Mint 18 right now. I only have the one hard drive (laptop computer) and it only has two regular partitions plus a cache partition. I have supported versions of Mint (Xfce, of course) on both partitions and have not decided which one to keep and which to wipe for Mint 18 installation. But I have downloaded the Mint 18 .ISO and added it to my grub2 boot menu, so I can boot into it at will - and also install Mint 18 from it if I choose to do so on the alternate partition... if I decide to place it on the partition that I have downloaded the Mint 18 .ISO to, I will first have to move/copy it to the other partition and run the tool for updating the grub2 menu, of course (as formatting the partition that the .ISO resides on would probably be a show-stopper, lol, and cause the installation to fail). So if there is something that I can do from within the live version of Mint 18 to determine exactly which patch was used to modify Thunar just let me know and I'll try to find the information for you.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer