Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-15 14:33:36

fireontheeyes

Problem with monitors

Hi! I installed xubuntu in my pc, but he don't recognizes my widescreen monitor. I only can use my monitor (with fullHD resolution and VGA connection) if i first login and ajust the resolution to 800x600 and conect in my widescreen monitor (and the xfce adjust by itself to 1920x1080). At the moment i suspect that the resolution of the login screen is 1024x768 and my widescreen monitor (SAMSUNG Syncmaster p2270hn) don't support this. How i can make to the widescreen monitor can be the default? Observation: i tried to use the config editor, and the image disappeared and i reinstalled xubuntu. My processor is Intel D2550 and i don't installed aditional drivers. I only installed xubuntu and i'm using. The aditional drivers xubuntu native software don't recognizes nothing

Edit: The driver native software recognized The driver now. I activated and The imagem disappeared. I have important files in this hd and cannot simply reinstall. If in this month i don't have a solution, i will unmount The pc and sell The parts one by one separated.

Last edited by fireontheeyes (2016-08-15 15:14:13)

#2 2016-08-16 05:29:29

MountainDewManiac

Re: Problem with monitors

fireontheeyes wrote:

At the moment i suspect that the resolution of the login screen is 1024x768 and my widescreen monitor (SAMSUNG Syncmaster p2270hn) don't support this.

It is important to understand that your login/boot menu is NOT a component of the Xfce desktop environment (or any other DE). Do you know which particular boot "application" (MDM, GDM, et cetera) you are using? That information would be helpful in helping you deal with your issue, methinks. I assume that most of them support the default resolutions of modern display devices, and that you should be able to set your system up so that the same resolution is used throughout.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2016-08-16 09:20:43

fireontheeyes

Re: Problem with monitors

Guy, i don't know ( is The Xubuntu's default). And how i can disable The problematic vídeo driver that i enabled trying to solve The problem and disappeared with The image?  After created this post, i enabled this in Xubuntu third party driver software and now only The login screen works.

Last edited by fireontheeyes (2016-08-16 09:21:15)

Board footer