Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-24 20:31:02

javatechnical

Keyboard getting stuck frequently

Hello, I am using DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop and i have installed Linux Mint 18 Xfce in it.

The problem is, when I am typing something, like this, the cursor focus gets automatically shifted to outside the textbox and as a result no text is typed thereafter. I'll then have to focus my cursor in the textbox with the help of touchpad and then start typing again.

The second problem is, it is getting stuck where I am not able to type anything for a few seconds.

The third problem that occurred is when I am holding on a letter, the letter is not repeated.

As for the first problem, I don't know if there is a problem with the touchpad. Suddenly, the control gets shifted somewhere else or the text caret gets shifted to some other position.

Here is system info: http://dpaste.com/3FCAMD1
Here is Xorg.0.log file: http://dpaste.com/25T6AAF

#2 2016-10-24 22:27:41

ozjd
Website

Re: Keyboard getting stuck frequently

In Settings - Mouse and Touchpad you can set the behaviour mention. You can set a time that the touchpad is disabled while typing.

For the 3rd problem, you can enable key repeat in Settings - Keyboard

#3 2016-10-25 06:26:43

javatechnical

When i tried to open the Driver Manager in Mint 18, I got the following error: “Could not grab keyboard. A malicious client may be eavesdropping on your session or you may have typed when some other program decided to get focus”

Should I re-install the Operating system? or try xfmw4 --replace

Last edited by javatechnical (2016-10-25 06:27:54)

#4 2016-10-25 06:32:56

ozjd
Website

I know nothing about that Driver Manager as it isn't part of Xfce. You would be better asking Mint.

#5 2016-10-25 06:49:45

javatechnical

ozjd wrote:

In Settings - Mouse and Touchpad you can set the behaviour mention. You can set a time that the touchpad is disabled while typing.

For the 3rd problem, you can enable key repeat in Settings - Keyboard

I tried them all, the third problem disappeared. I also tried disabling touchpad. But I didn't feel that comfortable disabling touchpad while typing with the keyboard.

Any way, the problem seemed to be not with the configuration settings, as they were default settings which I've not changed after installation and should work very well.

The problem seems to be something other than that, is it a problem with the keyboard driver? How to solve this problem?

Last edited by javatechnical (2016-10-25 06:50:01)

Board footer