Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-06 05:11:24

silverspr

Thunar Send to right click context menu

HI I searched and oddly didn't find this issue.  I'm using XFCE 4.12, Thunar 1.6.10 on Ubuntu 16.04
I have no send to context menu when right clicking a file on the desktop, or any file for that matter.  I've reinstalled Thunar but this did not fix the problem.  I've searched the web extensively and anything I find presumes the send to menu is installed.

can anyone help with getting the send to menu item visible when right clicking a file or folder.

thanks
d

#2 2017-01-06 13:58:35

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar Send to right click context menu

Hello and welcome.

silverspr wrote:

I have no send to context menu when right clicking a file on the desktop

You won't have one. The Send To context menu is only available in Thunar.

or any file for that matter.  I've reinstalled Thunar but this did not fix the problem.

Are you saying that even in Thunar, when you right-click on a file, you don't have a Send To option? You should have one.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-01-06 17:38:21

silverspr

Re: Thunar Send to right click context menu

HI yes I am using Thunar 1.6.10 and I DO NOT have a send to in the context menu when right clicking a file. I tried a reinstall but this didn't work. 

OK...my bad, when I tried this again just now, I was right clicking a file on the desktop, I now just realized this has to be done from within the file manager.  sorry I was thinking of the same functionality as windows....

yes you are correct I do have this...duh

Board footer