Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-03 00:57:13

shwaybotx
Website

Can't Change Desktop Icon Theme

Neckara wrote:

Thus I seek to have different window decoration / theme for the two types of windows (host and guest). However, I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure that xfwm allows per windows themes.

I'm going to answer your question by not answering, because I really do not know if it will or not. But I do have a question for you. I have a problem too. My xfce desktop icons have a theme on them I don't like, and I don't know how to change it! Thought you might know since you seem to be asking how to change the theme for different users.

#2 2017-04-03 01:02:20

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Can't Change Desktop Icon Theme

I've split this off on to it's own thread since it's not related with the original OP's question.

As for your question, are you saying that changing the icon them in Settings Manager > Appearance doesn't change the look of the icons on the desktop?

Does changing the icon theme change the icons elsewhere? If so, are you sure that you are running xfdesktop to manage the desktop?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-04-03 14:38:35

shwaybotx
Website

Re: Can't Change Desktop Icon Theme

ToZ wrote:

Settings Manager > Appearance doesn't change the look of the icons on the desktop?

That was it. I was overly tired and couldn't for the life of me remember. I've only been using Xfce for a couple of weeks. Solved. Thanks.

Last edited by shwaybotx (2017-04-03 14:40:20)

Board footer