Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 02:18:27

rob2423

Right click+scroll to switch workspaces?

Quite awhile ago (in win) I had an app that created workspaces like most lin win-managers have but it also had a really niffty shortcut where one could (anywhere on the screen) ricgh click and scroll to switch work spaces. I can't remember the app (guess its kind of irrelevant) but have been digging around in xfce trying to figure out if doing the same thing is possible. I know that one can press ctrl+F? keys, or place the mouse over the workspaces and scroll but I haven't figured out how to achive the rght click+scroll for workspaces.

Thx!

#2 2017-05-01 06:43:08

ozjd
Website

Re: Right click+scroll to switch workspaces?

In settings - Window Manager Tweaks - Workspaces you can set to use the scroll wheel to change workspaces, no right click needed.

#3 2017-05-01 16:54:41

rob2423

Thanks for the quik response. I found the workspaces setting where I can place the mouse over the workspaces and scroll but I actually _want_ the right click part, or more specifically the ability to simplely right click+ scroll from any point on my screen (as opposed to needing to go up to the workspaces icon then scroll, sounds lazy I know but with multiple screens and not wanting to put the workspaces icon on everyscreen a right click+scroll option would be perfect for me)

So is it possible to say bind/replace scrolling up/down in combo with rick click to the "move windows to right/left workspace" shortcut? Modifying keyboard shortcuts is possible under under Settings -> Keyboard -> application shortcuts but there doesn't seem to be an analogous option for the mouse?

Thx!

Last edited by rob2423 (2017-05-01 17:15:02)

#4 2017-05-01 22:41:36

ozjd
Website

The option I gave works anywhere on the desktop you don't need to go to the workspaces icon. I don't believe you can change that to use right click.

#5 2017-05-01 22:48:16

ToZ

Try scroll-wheel click on desktop (or both left and right buttons together) and you will get the workspaces menu. Would that suffice?

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

#6 2017-05-02 00:17:46

kuba67

ozjd wrote:

The option I gave works anywhere on the desktop you don't need to go to the workspaces icon. I don't believe you can change that to use right click.

It doesn't work when your mouse is over the windows, or toolbars though

#7 2017-05-02 07:43:13

ozjd
Website

kuba67 wrote:
ozjd wrote:

It doesn't work when your mouse is over the windows, or toolbars though

No that's why I said on the desktop smile.

#8 2017-05-03 07:43:43

rogue_ronin

There are at least two mouse-gesture apps that would work, but I can only remember easystroke at the moment.

You could do that and a lot of other things.  Little tray app, worked great when I last used it.

Aloha.

#9 2017-05-06 01:58:39

rob2423

@roue_ronin I will take a look at easystroke
I I tried making the default workspace a few pixels shy of a full screen so I can just move my mouse to a corner of the screen and then scroll and that is pretty good. @ozjd thanks for pointing out that the scrolling works on the desktop (and apparently on the edges).

The help was much appreciated.

Board footer