Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-10 21:06:00

tuxolero

[SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

Hi,

I'm using XCFE on ArchLinux. Since today's update, I can not copy anything to the clipboard from GTK applications like geany, firefox, ... It works from XFCE applications such as xfce4-terminal, mousepad, ...
However, pasting into these GTK applications works.

While writing this post, I was experimenting a little and noticed one more strange thing about this issue: After copying multiple things from mousepad, copying from firefox suddenly worked. I could paste it afterwards, but clipman still displayed "Clipboard is empty". When I copied text from mouspad, it was shown in clipman.

In todays update, gtk3 was upgraded from 3.22.10-1 to 3.22.13-1.

Edit:
Copying something from e.g. mousepad fixed the problem only temporarily and not reproducable.
Still in the same XFCE session, it stopped working after some time. And this time, I could not get it back working just by copying stuff from mousepad or xfce4-terminal.
And the X clipboard (just hilight something without pressing Ctrl-C and paste it with a middle-click) is also affected.

Thanks,
tuxolero

Last edited by tuxolero (2017-05-11 20:08:22)

#2 2017-05-11 20:02:52

ToZ

Re: [SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

There are a number of threads in the Arch forums about the recent gtk3 upgrading breaking clipboard functionality.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

#3 2017-05-11 20:07:45

tuxolero

Re: [SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

There was another gtk upgrade today that solved the problem.

Board footer