Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-12 06:34:48

zaplo

Exclude window from Xfce panel intelligent hide

I'm using "Hide panel intelligently" setting because otherwise some programs and wine games draw behind panel in fullscreen mode. Annoying problem is that non-fullscreen applications like maximized firefox also hide the panel which is not what I want. Can I create filter to list applications that should never hide the panel, and if it's possible how to do it?

Last edited by zaplo (2017-06-12 06:35:17)

#2 2017-06-12 14:02:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Exclude window from Xfce panel intelligent hide

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like xfce4-panel intelligent hide has blacklist/whitelist functionality. You can create an enhancement request over at the bug tracker if you're interested in following this further.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-06-13 04:57:49

MountainDewManiac

Re: Exclude window from Xfce panel intelligent hide

zaplo wrote:

I'm using "Hide panel intelligently" setting because otherwise some programs and wine games draw behind panel in fullscreen mode.

Do you see this behavior when selecting "Never" for the Automatically Hide the Panel option and making sure that the box beside the Don't reserve space on borders option is not checked? If so, you could consider that to be a bug (and report it as such).

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer