Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-01 12:39:18

merc68k

Dual monitors, XFCE won't remember configuration

Hello all, I added a second monitor to my machine running XFCE and I'm having a problem with the dialog to select the screen configuration. 

It appears every time I turn the monitors on if the machine is running, and I always have to select 'extend to the right' or the displays will be just be mirrored.  The dialog has an option to *not* detect new displays, but if I choose that, it doesn't appear and the displays are simply mirrored.

Is there not a way to have the configuration saved so that the dialog never appears and the displays are always side by side?

If it's relevant I am running the integrated video on a core i5-6600, with nothing in /etc/X11/xorg.conf or xorg.conf.d, on Arch Linux (XFCE 4.12).

#2 2017-07-01 15:47:31

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Dual monitors, XFCE won't remember configuration

I've been using a udev rule to setup my external monitor everytime it's activated. It allows me to set up precisely where I want the monitor without the need for a dialog. I used a modified version of this (modified in that I changed the device names and xrandr commands for setup).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-07-11 14:35:21

merc68k

Re: Dual monitors, XFCE won't remember configuration

ToZ wrote:

I've been using a udev rule to setup my external monitor everytime it's activated. It allows me to set up precisely where I want the monitor without the need for a dialog. I used a modified version of this (modified in that I changed the device names and xrandr commands for setup).

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

Board footer