Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-15 08:55:34

cjsmall

How to set the xfce4 window manager style from the command line

Xubuntu 17.10 with a Nvidia Quadro K4000 graphics card

I have a dual monitor system with independent screens, each running separate desktops with separate panels.  (i.e., Xinerama is off.)

I am using the Moheli style, selected using the Window Manager menu.  Unfortunately, when starting up, the second screen refuses to automatically load this style and the window decorations are dark and unreadable.  This is fixed by displaying the Window Manager menu and toggling another style and then back to Moheli which affects both screens and gives the proper appearance.

If someone knows how to correct the root problem, that would be great.  Short of that, I would like to automate this setting of the style from my .profile when I login.  Is there a way to set the window manager style directly from the command line?

Thanks

#2 2017-11-15 10:59:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to set the xfce4 window manager style from the command line

cjsmall wrote:

Is there a way to set the window manager style directly from the command line?

You can set the window manager style from the command line via:

xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/theme -s Moheli

...but xfconfd needs to be running for this work. Maybe create a script that sets the theme away from then back to Moheli and add this script to your auto-start applications.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-11-15 17:23:17

cjsmall

Re: How to set the xfce4 window manager style from the command line

I will give this a try!  Thanks ToZ, much appreciated.

Board footer