Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-06 15:19:24

wuwei

[SOLVED] simplescreenrecorder and it's wrong icons in indicator-plugin

I don't exactly now if this is the right place to ask this but....I'm going crazy! New year and new problem!! :-)

A few weeks ago I've installed the newest version of Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia in my system and only now I realize that when I open simplescreenrecorder in indicator-plugin appears a generic icon with a question mark (see the attached image), instead of the right simplescreenrecorder icon. I thought  was a problem with the icon theme used, but I tried all the others installed in my system and nothing, same problem!

In a new virtualbox installation of Linux Mint 18.3 with gtk theme adapta-nokto and with any other icon theme works well, it correctly shows the recording status and so on. I've "ducked" (not googled because of I don't use anymore google!) the internet for any possible solution, but nothing!

I honestly don't want to reinstall the operating system over again for something like that, but I can't understand why it doesn't works!!!!

Can you kindly help me?
Thank you!

mpOF7UAl.png

Last edited by wuwei (2018-01-11 09:00:12)

#2 2018-01-06 18:05:01

k-3.14

Re: [SOLVED] simplescreenrecorder and it's wrong icons in indicator-plugin

#3 2018-01-09 00:11:23

alcornoqui

#4 2018-01-11 08:59:50

wuwei

Thanks to simplescreenrecorder's developer Maarten Baert, there's a workaround to resolve the issue...

Look at https://github.com/MaartenBaert/ssr/issues/613

The issue is caused by flatpak that interferes with icons standard paths.

A workaround is to modify the simplescreenrecorder.desktop:

Exec=env XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share simplescreenrecorder --logfile

This workaround obviously does not take care about ssr updates, so every time that there is and ssr update we have to remember to modify simplescreenrecorder.desktop, but anyway this solution seems to me the most immediate, avoiding the re-compilation of ssr software.

Board footer