Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-08 23:27:15

Laurentius

dockbarx & libreoffice 6.0.x (SOLVED)

I find that dockbarx (and xfce4-dokbarx-plugin) does not work well with libreoffice 6.x
I have checked this on linuxmint, MX-17 and Antergos.

There is a wrong icon behaviour.

Has anyone here experienced this issue?

Do you know if there is a workaround?

This is probably a problem of libreoffice (not dockbarx or xfce) but  just if anyone here has an idea... (may be i should post at libreoffice's forums)
I have not found any reference on the web.

Thanks

Last edited by Laurentius (2018-05-17 00:52:40)

#2 2018-05-09 10:44:02

ToZ
Administrator

Re: dockbarx & libreoffice 6.0.x (SOLVED)

Laurentius wrote:

There is a wrong icon behaviour.

What exactly are you seeing or not seeing? Everything looks ok here when I run it (Arch linux).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-05-09 23:50:31

Laurentius

Testing now at MX-17, xfce4-dockbarx-plugin:

If i open any libreoffice application (calc, writer, base, etc) from whisker menu or panel launcher, a generic (blank) libreoffice icon is shown on dockbarx, with no option to pin application.

If I open the generic Libreoffice (which shows recent documents and let you choose, I don't know how to name it), a Writer icon is shown on panel. Now it lets you pin application. If you pin it, and then click on it, writer is launched.
If right-click on it and select launch application (another window) sometimes it works, sometimes another generic LO icon is shown beside the original.
(I said this is probably a LO problem because sometimes it also works bad (not that bad) with Window Buttons: I am seeing now two Writer icons at Window Buttons while there should be just one (groupped)) (I have now both Window buttons and dockbarx-plugin on panel)

This kind of odd behavior.
I found the same behavior (or similar, if not always exactly) when i installed libreoffice 6 on linuxmint 18.3 form ppa and when I installed dockbarx on antergos from the package installer (no ppa on this).

And this only happens with LO 6.0.x (dockbarx and LO 5 works fine on linuxmint 18.3) Other apps work just fine.

Last edited by Laurentius (2018-05-09 23:57:21)

#4 2018-05-10 01:29:21

ToZ
Administrator

Okay. I'm also not seeing the pin entry.

I see you've created an issue report over at the dockbarx git site. That may the best place to resolve the issue.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2018-05-10 22:25:16

Laurentius

Yes.
There is a reply with a patch.
(I don't know if that is something that i could apply somehow)

#6 2018-05-10 23:57:21

ToZ
Administrator

The proper way is to wait for the patch to hit your repositories, but this may take a while.

However, the patch is really only 3 new lines into a python file. You could find dockbar.py on your system and manually add the 3 lines with the + (pluses) - but make sure you don't add the actual plus symbol. The @@ numbers at the beginning of the block tell you where the lines are located in that file. If you do that, know that an update will overwrite the patch.

#7 2018-05-17 00:38:58

Laurentius

I did it. it worked.
It was easy.
Thank you!

Board footer