Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-17 00:22:18

Mellowbob

Panel Icon size

I have the clementine music program running and have its icon nesting in the indicator panel app.

When I login to xfce4 I find that the clementine icon is about 1/2 the height of the panel. Smaller than the other icons. I I increase OR DECREASE the panel height by 1 pixel it resizes and looks fine. Right now I have the panel height set to 33 pixels.

Is there a fix for this?

#2 2018-05-17 01:49:03

Mellowbob

Re: Panel Icon size

I've done a bit more experimentation:

1. Adding a delay to the start of clementine (I have the start in my session/startup file) makes no difference

2. Changing icon sets or themes makes no difference.

However, to get the clementine icon the correct size, I can do a xfce4-panel --restart from a terminal, and that does fix it. Not a solution.

#3 2018-05-17 02:01:50

ToZ

@Mellowbob, which distro are you using again?

There was/is an issue with QT icons on some versions of xfce4-panel. Check if you have a package something like "sni-qt" installed. Try uninstalling it and see if it helps. (See: this thread as an example of an issue with the clementine icon).

On the most recent development version of xfce4-panel, this problem doesn't seem to exist.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

#4 2018-05-17 02:15:26

Mellowbob

Thanks for the try. I did have the sni-qt package installed. Removed it, but it's made no difference.

My version of panel is xfce4-panel 4.12.0 (Xfce 4.12) .. I think there is a new one.

I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia and it most likely a version or 2 out of date. Is there a way to update the panel without changing distros?

Funny thing about all this is that it appears to be a fairly new problem ... probably within the last few weeks? I did grab some new themes, but fiddling with those and restoring to the one I had has not made a difference. Right now I'm using one of the Nodoka themes. Changed to TraditionalOK and plain XFCE and don't see a difference.

#5 2018-05-17 03:05:03

ToZ

Try logging out and back in again. The sni-qt puts qt-based tray icons in the Indicator panel. Without out, the tray icons use the Notifcation area. Or that's my understanding of it.

Has there been a recent update of the clementine package? Can you downgrade it to see if makes a difference?

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

Board footer