Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 02:45:33

gauge

Hello, and what an awesome desktop environment!

Greetings!
First off, thank you, to everyone involved for all the hard work that it's taken to build Xfce and Xubuntu. Xfce/Xubuntu are two of my favorite software systems.

I also have a few questions about the project:

* What are the biggest project needs and hurdles to overcome?
* Roughly how many active software developers do you have? Total active contributors?
* How are the salt funds and donations from bountysource used by the project?

Thanks!
-g

Last edited by gauge (2018-10-04 03:35:55)

#2 2018-10-04 10:30:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello, and what an awesome desktop environment!

gauge wrote:

Greetings!

Hello and welcome. I can answer some of your questions.

* What are the biggest project needs and hurdles to overcome?

Probably time and resources. We have a good small core group of developers and numerous contributors. Additional developers are always welcome.

* Roughly how many active software developers do you have? Total contributors?

Have a look at the Xfce 4.14 roadmap document. Every component has an "assignee" that is responsible for that component. That would be the total number of contributors. A smaller subset of those tend to contribute much more and lead the design decision-making process - guess you could call them the core group.

* How are the salt funds and donations from bountysource used by the project?

Probably best to ask this at  the xfce4-dev mailing list or at the #xfce-dev IRC channel.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-10-04 10:36:00

alcornoqui

Re: Hello, and what an awesome desktop environment!

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I can't answer your questions (just another happy user), and hopefully someone corrects me, but I'd say that's a question more appropiate for the mailing list, because most Xfce devs and maintainers have little presence in the forum.

That said, the forum is great and you get a ton of help, the updates keep coming, and the little mouse seems smarter and faster than ever.

edit: Yeah, and we got ToZ, which is like, the most useful persona on the whole internets wink

Last edited by alcornoqui (2018-10-04 10:37:47)

Board footer