Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 19:01:23

xfmanj

Light-locker requires double password entry

Hello,

I am using light-locker with my XFCE setup. If I locked the screen manually, and try to login again, everything works as expected. However, it seems very often that I need to login twice. That is, I will enter my password and hit enter, the screen will flicker, and then I need to enter my password a second time before the system actually unlocks my desktop.

I suspect that is happening is that when I lock desktop manually, the screen eventually times out and I think the system tries to lock the already locked session, resulting in the described behavior. I do not know this to be true, though.

How can I go about tracking down the issue? I ideally want my setup such that the screen locks after x minutes activity, or the system is suspended manually.

Thanks,

#2 2018-10-24 20:09:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Light-locker requires double password entry

xfmanj wrote:

I am using light-locker with my XFCE setup. If I locked the screen manually, and try to login again, everything works as expected. However, it seems very often that I need to login twice. That is, I will enter my password and hit enter, the screen will flicker, and then I need to enter my password a second time before the system actually unlocks my desktop.

Do you maybe have 2 screensavers running?

How can I go about tracking down the issue? I ideally want my setup such that the screen locks after x minutes activity, or the system is suspended manually.

Light-locker isn't an Xfce component. It's generally added by distro or by choice. You may wish to also ask at source.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-10-24 22:27:15

xfmanj

Re: Light-locker requires double password entry

ToZ wrote:

Do you maybe have 2 screensavers running?

Not that I can tell. When I grep my installed packages for 'screen', I see only two packages, and they are for taking screen shots. I get 0 results when I grep for 'saver'.

ToZ wrote:

Light-locker isn't an Xfce component. It's generally added by distro or by choice. You may wish to also ask at source.

True, but it does seem like a very popular choice for XFCE users. I thought this would be a good place to ask if others had experienced this and if they had a solution.

Board footer