Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-04 05:12:21

chazb

Tiny Icons [SOLVED]

I am running Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia, XFCE
I am new to this forum and still a relative novas to Linux by about three years.  At the tender young age of 71 I have found myself having sight issues.   And My question is; How can I make the Icons on the Right side of the Panel larger, as they are quite tiny?
I have the Left side figured out.
I am not certain if the question is even a XFCE issue. I have asked the same question on the Linux Mint Forum, and have gotten unsatisfactory replies, so this a kinda of shot in the dark.

Last edited by chazb (2018-12-04 19:02:31)

#2 2018-12-04 12:07:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Tiny Icons [SOLVED]

Hello and welcome.

Just had a look at Mint 18.3 in a VM. The default install has 3 plugins on the right side of the bottom panel. Increasing the size of the panel didn't change the size of the plugins. Here is how to fix that:

1. Notification Area plugin: Right-click the panel and select Panel > Panel Preferences and go to the the Items tab. Double-click the Notification Area plugin and increase the "Maximum Ion Size" value to suit.

2. Date Time plugin: On the panel, right-click the time and select Properties. Change the font size to suit.

3. Indicator plugin: This one is a little tougher and not easy to size. The best you can do is scale the image, but this will blur it. To do so, add the following content to ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css (create the file if it doesn't exist):

#indicator-button* { -gtk-icon-transform: scale(1.5); }

...and restart the panel:

xfce4-panel -r

You may need to fine tune the "1.5" to get the right size.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-12-04 19:03:50

chazb

Re: Tiny Icons [SOLVED]

Thank You, I am happy.

Board footer