Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-21 00:11:44

herbie643

Focus border in Thunderbird

I know this is a gtk+ issue but TOZ and others who are perhaps better qualified and can use Google better can explain how to get rid of the 'dotted' yellow border when you click on any of the sidebar items, e.g. Inbox, Trash, you get the idea.
Now let's say you click on the Inbox you'll notice that border but if you click on one of the e-mails then the border is no longer there, hence my question.
I guess I am a bit OCD on that visual issue.
It's really annoying to me.

#2 2018-12-21 21:42:32

mint4all

Re: Focus border in Thunderbird

herbie643 wrote:

... Now let's say you click on the Inbox you'll notice that border but if you click on one of the e-mails then the border is no longer there, hence my question.
I guess I am a bit OCD on that visual issue.
It's really annoying to me.

Greetings!

I tried to spot that behavior, but cannot duplicate your quirk. The version of TB i have is 60.2.1 (64bit). Ime, TB's window decorations "inherit" their look & behavior from your system's "theme" (read: Appearance settings) in general, and from xfce's "Window Manager" settings in particular. What system-"theme" and TB-version are you using? It would be good to see a screenshot, too.

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#3 2018-12-21 22:40:32

herbie643

Re: Focus border in Thunderbird

Well I checked a few other themes,which I hadn't done before (my bad) and the problem does not exist.
Thanks for you reply.  It was indeed helpful.
The theme I am using is an Arc-Dark derivative by my customization.
Seems that it an Arc issue as even the default Arc has the problem on my computer.
My Thunderbird version is 60.3.1 on MX-Linux.
The same problem exist on my Ubuntu 18.10 as well.

I'll just live with it and tinker around until maybe, just maybe, I'll find the answer.

Board footer