Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-24 15:36:32

Skaperen

custom panel app

i think that a way to think of the app i want to create is that it is a custom panel where it is configured in source code.  this app would be coded in Python so "configuring in source code" would not be that difficult.

this app would have a list of users and display all of them whether logged in or not as a vertical group of horizontal buttons at the middle of the right side.  those users that are logged in will be shown with a blue san serif font while those that are not logged in will be shown with a dark gray serif font.  the usernames will be truncated in the display if they are overly long names.  when a button is clicked, the button display will be made to look like that one button is depressed.  when the pointer hovers over a button it is made to be somewhat brighter. clicking on a button will invoke the command to switch user and it will be switching to the user for that button.  it will not be part of or connected to the standard panel.  i will tweak details as i experience using it.

Board footer