Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-05 21:41:30

grobyc

Multi-monitor setup and tile window

Hi. Im new one on forum.

I'm looking for solution to tile window to edges of screen with will work on multiple monitors.
Maybe xfce have some simple solution on that, but I can't find it.

I knew Window Manage have actions "Tile window to the right|left|top|bottom" that works on one monitor.
I am trying to write a script based on the commands xdotool, xwininfo, xrandr, xprop etc. but the windows do not always evenly arrange.

I want to use actions from Window Manager to write script which will work on multiple monitors.

But here the problem arises because I can't find how call/use these action without keyboars shortcuts.

I also tried to intercept what action triggers, but nothing.
Does any of you know how these actions are called, or how can you call them from the command line?

I will be grateful for any information that will help me write the solution.

Thanks, grobyc

#2 2019-03-06 17:24:17

mint4all

Re: Multi-monitor setup and tile window

Greetings to you, and welcome to this forum!

As far as i know, there's an open-source solution available that might just do what you want: @ https://www.giuspen.com/x-tile/ ... Personally, i have no need for "tiling", but i have been using that developers "cherrytree" note-taking app for several years, and with great results. Why reinvent what this app (x-tile) already seems to provide?

Good luck, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#3 2019-03-06 21:15:09

grobyc

Re: Multi-monitor setup and tile window

I want to start any application and by shortcut Super + up|down|left|right tile to the edge or move window between multiple monitors.

Similar solution as in Windows 10 with window key + up|down|left|right.

I want move the window between two monitors (one horizontally the other vertically) to look like this:

FluxBB bbcode test

I will look at x-tile application and I will share when I will have some solution.

Board footer