Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-06 16:40:32

pjlbyrne

thunar-vcs-plugin only shows 'Import' action on context menu

Hi,

I wanted to install this on archlinux. This package is in the Arch User Reporitory, which means you gotta build it yourself.

The plugin version referred to in the AUR is 0.1.5, which doesn't build:
checking for thunarx-2 >= 1.2.0... not found

so I tried updating to the latest version in git, which is 0.2.0. This does build and install (after I fixed the PKGBUILD file), and the SVN section comes up in the context menu in Thunar, but it only has 'Import' on the submenu.

Not sure how to progress this. Can someone please advise?

Version of Thunar is 1.8.4.

Thanks
Patrick

#2 2019-05-06 17:05:57

pjlbyrne

Re: thunar-vcs-plugin only shows 'Import' action on context menu

[this gobject code is horribly verbose!]

I guess this is governed by this code:

if (!tvp_action->property.parent_version_control && (tvp_action->property.is_parent || tvp_action->property.directory_no_version_control || tvp_action->property.file_no_version_control))
  {
    add_subaction (item, menu, "tvp::import", _("Import"), _("Commit an unversioned file or tree into the repository"), "network-workgroup", "--import");
  } 

but I expect to see 'Checkout' in the context menu, so I can checkout to my newly-created directory from the repository. That is governed by:

/* No version control (parent) */
  if (tvp_action->property.is_parent && !tvp_action->property.parent_version_control)
  {
    add_subaction (item, menu, "tvp::checkout", _("Checkout"), _("Check out a working copy from a repository"), "gtk-connect", "--checkout");
  }

???

Board footer