Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-04 23:36:24

25teetotle

Thunar Tree Sidepane - Jumpy Scrolling

Hello,

I'm running Debian testing using XFCE. Thunar v1.8.4.

I have attempted to provide an example below that everyone should be able to replicate (at least on an apt-based distro...):

1) Open Thunar and use the side pane in Tree view.
2) Without touching the side pane scrollbar: expand File System, click on "etc" (expands automatically), "apt" (expands automatically) - everything seems fine.
3) Scroll down on the side pane until we reach "resolvconf" and click on it to view the folder contents. The Treeview scroll jumps so that "resolvconf" is at the top of the screen. This is okay, I guess. No biggie. The folder tree expanded automatically and now we can see that "update-libc.d" is a subfolder of "resolvconf" in the Tree side pane.
4) I click on "update-libc.d" and whoops - why did the scrollbar just jump so that "etc" is now at the top... and the directories we were browsing are no longer in view!

Overall, my preference is to disable both a) automatically expanding directories (helpful in some cases but try browsing in the tree with arrow keys on a keyboard...) and b) the Tree refresh that appears to occur with every selection of a Tree item.

I have been trying to figure this one out for awhile now and it is driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

#2 2019-06-05 02:01:17

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar Tree Sidepane - Jumpy Scrolling

See here for the bug report on this issue. It has been fixed and is part of 1.8.5.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-06-05 02:08:20

25teetotle

Re: Thunar Tree Sidepane - Jumpy Scrolling

I had searched but did not find that - thank you!

Board footer