Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-01 12:22:59

sebvaillancourt

Reverse scroll doesn't work with all programs

Hi there! I'm new to Xfce and I decided to make the change after using Windows for two decades.

I've always been used to what Xfce calls "reverse" scrolling... although for me it is "normal scrolling". Although, despite checking the box [reverse scroll direction] in the mouse/touchpad preferences, it doesn't work with every program the same way. Some still scroll the "normal" way. He's a topo:

If [reverse scroll direction] is NOT CHECKED, every program lets me scroll normally, that is, my view is shifting down when dragging fingers down and vice and versa.
If [reverse scroll direction] is CHECKED, only Firefox, Thunderbird, Task Manager, File Manager scroll in reverse. All the other programs still don't scroll in reverse. I'm talking about the Terminal, Chrome, the Application Menu, all of LibreOffice software, Mouse Pad, PDF viewers etc. etc. Basically all of them still scroll normally except for a very few.

Before moving to Xfce (using Xubuntu 18.04) I briefly used Lxqt (through Lubuntu 19.04) and didn't have this problem at all but decided to move to Xfce because it is more complete and more robust... Well, I might differ. This is getting confusing as I never know what to expect when I scroll up or down and most certainly I refuse to get pushed to use the normal scrolling because it's "normal" or because it might be easier to implement. I believe software should accommodate people and not the opposite.

So my question is, how can I fix this? Or is this a bug? This disturbs my daily computing tasks, so as you may suspect, it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance for your response.

#2 2019-07-01 14:16:48

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Reverse scroll doesn't work with all programs

Let me point you to this bug report. Looks like there might be some useful information in there regarding libinput.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer