Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-13 18:18:38

angelheart.gr

Can't get panel to span across monitors

Cheers to everyone

Looong time user and my first post, since usually a always found some hint or even the solution inside this forum (and some others as well).
I *did* configure the primary panel in my dual monitor setup after system/XFCE install (BTW Manjaro 18.1.a - XFCE 4.14) and it *did* span across. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Yesterday I changed the output of the panel from automatic to one of the two monitors. Since this happened the panel doesn't span anymore.
The "span monitors" option was even grayed out.
I tried various things.
* I used the settings editor (where the span-monitors *was* available) but no joy.   
* I rebooted several times
* I even re-installed the panel package through pacman. 

After the re-install the span-monitors is clickable but this doesn't change the lenghth of the panel which refuses to extend to the secondary monitor (or the other way around).

Any form of help would be very appreciated here

Thank you in advance
Simon

#2 2019-12-14 19:01:40

Aravisian

Re: Can't get panel to span across monitors

Simon, I am a novice, myself, but I would rather toss some ideas out there than stay silent.
Is the panel locked? Have you tried unlocking the panel, then move it to the other monitor by grabbing the handle, then setting it back into original position and trying to span monitors?
Have you considered setting up a second panel on the other monitor (My own solution). The second panel can be configured to work exactly the same as if you were spanning monitors.
Have you checked if Monitor Resolution, refresh or Position (No longer aligned) changed in Display?

Board footer