Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-19 09:10:28

Deleted5

Please Delete my Account Please + One more Question

Hello,
I do longer use XFCE the DE anymore, but I still use some XFCE applications big_smile
I had good times with this DE, I feel like I really grew on Linux because of it. I have moved on, but I wish everybody contributing the best of luck on this project!

I do have one question though, in this post: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=12469 my issue was resolved but only partially. This was because the xclipman gtk settings were hardcoded, I was wondering if this was updated and now I can change those settings?

Thank you for everything, making my time with Linux that more enjoyable!

Last edited by Deleted5 (2020-01-19 09:10:59)

#2 2020-01-19 13:07:34

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Please Delete my Account Please + One more Question

Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:

I do have one question though, in this post: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=12469 my issue was resolved but only partially. This was because the xclipman gtk settings were hardcoded, I was wondering if this was updated and now I can change those settings?

The thread you link is about thunar symbolic icons. Did you link the correct one?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-01-19 16:32:01

alcornoqui

Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:

Maybe this bug? https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16082

#4 2020-01-20 18:34:02

Deleted5

I believe that it is the current post. Because since thunar switched from normal to symbolic icons. We were able to manually set them back to normal icons by editing my personal gtk settings. I wanted to do the same for the xclipman, but it seems it was not possible because it was hardcoded. I was wondering if there was such and update where it made gtk settings for xclipman more flexible so I can also make them normal arrow icons.

Thank you

#5 2020-01-20 22:03:29

ToZ
Administrator

You can change the panel icon to a regular icon via:

#xfce4-clipman-icon { -gtk-icon-style: regular; }

...note: this assumes a gtk3-compiled version of the clipman plugin.

When you say "arrow icons", are you referring the arrow icon in the menu when you left click on the panel plugin that indicates the active entry?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#6 2020-01-21 01:11:35

Deleted5

Yes, I am referring to the arrow icon in the menu. The above code that you wrote did not seem to work though. I did get error saying:

(xfce4-clipman:1277805): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 18:11:05.177: gdk_window_get_device_position_double: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

Multiple times right after I clicked on another menu.

#7 2020-01-21 02:54:27

ToZ
Administrator

Sorry, typo. It should be:

#xfce4-clipman-plugin { -gtk-icon-style: regular; }

(plugin, not icon).

I can't seem to affect the arrows in any manner - they must still be hard coded.

#8 2020-01-21 03:08:09

Deleted5

I am perfectly fine, I actually don't mind having symbolic icons there, now that I think about it it would letter better color wise since its just white.
Is it possible that you could delete my account now? I don't think I will be using XFCE the DE anymore. So having this account is kinda burdensome. Thank you!

#9 2020-01-21 11:23:13

ToZ
Administrator

Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:

Is it possible that you could delete my account now? I don't think I will be using XFCE the DE anymore. So having this account is kinda burdensome. Thank you!

No worries. Take care and good luck in your travels.

Board footer