Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-01 16:50:37

garybrlow

Can desktop icons automatically arrange themselves after item deletion etc.?

Can desktop icons automatically arrange themselves after item/files deletions and additions  on the Desktop? Similar to the windows, gnome, and KDE desktop. I have a big hole in my Desktop icon arrangement grid thingie. The grid slots are left vacant from item deletion and I do have manually arrange them every time. Am using Ubuntu Fiesty with XFCE 4.4.0.  ^-^

Cheers!!! 

GaryBrlow ;D

Linux User #435593 | Xubuntu User #9638

#2 2007-02-05 03:30:25

justakiwi

Re: Can desktop icons automatically arrange themselves after item deletion etc.?

I wondered the same thing. I do know that prior to checking the "right click shows desktop menu" in the desktop settings, there was an option on right click to "arrange desktop icons" (or words to that effect).  Unfortunately it seems that once you enable the right click desktop menu, you lose that function/capability. Personally I'd like to make the desktop menu a middle click function, and leave right click for desktop settings etc. I guess there's probably some way to edit the relevant configuration file to make it do that, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

#3 2013-10-09 14:38:19

skondgekar

Re: Can desktop icons automatically arrange themselves after item deletion etc.?

if you just want to cleanup icons then you can select all icons and drag and drop at convenient location. it will automatically rearrange. Just select all icons and drag and drop on the left hand side top corner of your desktop

Board footer