Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-02-05 09:28:07

acobar

Re: [SOLVED]thunar can't mount/umount removible devices automaticaly

Great!

If you are interested, I can generate some *.SlackBuild (for cairo, dbus, glitz, dbus-glib, hal and PolicyKit) scripts so that you can try the stable release of dbus (which is 1.0.2), but you are going to spend more time. :-\

Also, don't forget that if you want these services to run automatically you need to list them on rc.M or rc.local (the last is the preferred method) on your Slack.

Regards and rejoice.

#27 2007-02-05 12:28:18

yongyi

acobar wrote:

Great!
If you are interested, I can generate some *.SlackBuild (for cairo, dbus, glitz, dbus-glib, hal and PolicyKit) scripts so that you can try the stable release of dbus (which is 1.0.2), but you are going to spend more time. :-\

I'm very enthusiastic.I even try to compile dbus dbus-glib and hal,but it failed through Policykit.
And , the hal of linuxpackages.net is disabled  Policykit.

Oh! I still have a little problem with thunar mountting auto:
First time,thunar open *one* window for usb-disk,when I put in the usb-disk.Next time,thunar will open double windows. And the next ,next ,,, time , thunar will open several windows!!

That make me have to rm ~/.config to avoid!

Do you have a good idea for that?

#28 2007-02-05 12:59:22

Nick
Dev
Website

Thunar is not using dbus, therefore several instances are running in the background and they all receive the 'oe a device is plugged, open a new window' signal.

#29 2007-02-05 16:50:34

acobar

I will post the SlackBuild scripts after a get home this night. Now that kernel 2.6.20 is out, and after all news about it, I will give it a try so will be of a little more help.

Regards.

#30 2007-02-05 17:22:01

acobar

Oh, forgot to say, to install PolicyKit you will need to install pam too, as it is not integrated on Slackware by default I may spend a little bit more time adjusting the scripts.

#31 2007-02-06 07:12:49

acobar

OK, it will not be easy, but will not be that hard too.

First you will need to integrate pam on slackware. I suggest you download the scripts from the dropline project ("http://wiki.droplinegnome.org/index.php … ild_System"). Don't run the main script straight, just what is needed to build the pam package. Also, keep in mind that you must be carefull when you install pam and not reboot until you are sure you can login in the system. Open a console terminal and test if you can, case not, undo and try again.

Very good slackware SlackBuild scripts to build vte, dbus and dbus-lib can be found on "http://rlworkman.net/slackbuilds/SBo" (also for a lot of other libraries and applications). Is a very good place to look into. Browse the site, it has even a script to build xfce on slackware.

For PolicyKit, you first need to download it from its git repository. Do the following:
* grab the source tree - `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/PolicyKit`;
* go to PolicyKit dir and generate configure and Makefile.in - `./autogen.sh`.
* Now you have configure and Makefile.in. Proceed as usual. You will need to create a goup/user account polkit:polkit;

Now is just hal. Well, it is straightforward and you already know the steps.

You can find a lot of information about how to compile and configure packages on "http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Main_Page". It is a "must check" if you can't wait until your distro make it available (what is the preferred way). But if you get addict to package "source download/unpack/configure/make/make install" cycle, I recommend you take a look on checkinstall "http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/".

Regards and good luck.

Board footer