Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-18 20:33:40

papierschiff

terminal without window-decoration..

hi, i have a strange problem. the xfce-terminal opens alway without window-decoration. i don't used any compix, compositor, or any special xorg.conf with a propritor drivers... a standard xorg.conf. and the terminal is the onliest programm, which has no window decorations... i don't know why..

and no, the problem isn't solved when i use the button in the menu "show window decorations"... nothing changed... its like a window without a window

BUT... the terminal has a window, but it is transparent... you can't see any button or border, but when the window-decorations is "on", you can click on the "transparent window" and move it... you can see it on this image.. screen1.jpeg
and here i move the terminal..
screen2.jpeg so the "transparent" window looks like the desktop or the window below it....

ah.. the system is a new arch linux.. i use xfce since > 4 years, on debian, ubuntu, zenwalk... but i had never this problem... perhaps it is an arch problem, but it looksl ike a combination or so... the strange thing is, that it is only the terminal... no other programm... i also created a new user, nothing changed...

thanks and sorry for my bad english..
papierschiff (in engl. a boat made with paper)

#2 2007-12-19 13:14:02

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: terminal without window-decoration..

Maybe right click terminal -> preferences -> appearance -> Display borders around new windows.

#3 2007-12-19 15:05:36

papierschiff

hej, thank you for your answer...
this change nothing... there are two posibilities: to enable the border (etc), than it looks like i descriped on my first post (pseudo "transparent" window decoration...) or "no window-decoration", than there is no window decoration, but i want to have a border etc for the terminal...

lg
papierschiff

#4 2008-03-22 11:22:00

olympia

Sounds like a configuration issue. Try with another user or mv .config .config.old from the console and restart.

#5 2008-03-22 19:30:59

papierschiff

hej, thanks for you idea, but it doesn't help. so at the moment i don't use xfce, when i use arch. this makes me crazy, but i can't change it. perhaps i should go back to debian / xubuntu... i will wait, untill the xfce-version gets an bigger update....

sorry for my bad english

Board footer