Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-11 09:42:42

aijazbaig1

customize xfce3 terminal

Hello,

is there a way by which I could customize my terminal in xfce3?...Id just to change the background color to something more easy on the eyes rather than a white.

Well..it seems like googling ( !  ^-^ ) isn't helping much with xfce3 ...

anyways..id like to hear from you guys,

regards

Aijaz

#2 2008-04-12 13:23:02

dirks

Re: customize xfce3 terminal

Hello,

I'm quite new myself but by chance I know something big_smile

Switch on the ("tools"-)toolbar, click the setup button and you find a "Colors" submenu. There you can fine-tune the colors of different stuff at will.

But so far I have not discoved how to make these adjustments survive a closing/opening, logout/login or reboot.

I can image 2 ways to do that:
- define these settings as Xdefaults - but there is no "Terminal" in /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/, so I don't how to do that.
- specify text color / background color / cursor as command-line options, but the Help of Terminal isn't exactly clear about how to do that.

Strange observation in that respect: When I do a reboot without closing Terminal, the seem that the colors survive - but the position of the tab bar is changed from bottom to top. So far it looks like I can either have nice colors OR my favorite tab bar position, but not both.

Assuming that aijazbaig1 will have the same problem soon: Can anyone help us, please?
I can solve the problem about defining colors.
Now we need a way to tell Terminal to pick up all settings from last time when it is opened.

(If nobody can tell us, I will go back to "konsole" *grumble*)

Regards
Dirk

#3 2008-04-15 23:21:42

dirks

Re: customize xfce3 terminal

This forum lacks activity (and/or knowledge).

I'm fed up with reconfiguring the colors every time. Back to konsole, that is.

Board footer