Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-13 11:10:21

bailout

Script for building icon set?

I downloaded an icon set from xfce look http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.p … tent=69735 but it only contains scalable icons. This mostly works but I had a problem with desktop icons that were calling for fixed size 32x32 icons and hence showing default rather than the new icon set.

I have seen on some icon sets for other desktops that there is sometimes a script included that builds a full icon set from the downloaded icons. Is there a similar generic xfce icon script that I could use to build a full set of icons using the scalable ones in the set I downloaded?

thanks

#2 2009-02-15 20:00:04

Wapush

Re: Script for building icon set?

This is one of the worst and strange icon theme I've ever seen!

For example, the index.theme contains settings for the size of icons 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 72x72, 96x96 and 192x192, but the theme has none of them. The theme has "/scalable/places" and "/scalable/status", but they are not configured in the index.theme file. "/scalable/apps" contains some strange icons sizes such as 124x124, 120x120, 64x58, 94x94, 127x127, 115x115, 118x118. "/scalable/apps/xsane.png" is a symlink of "/scalable/devices/scanner.png", but scanner.png is not a real .png but a .ico.

And this is only what I have found in ten minutes...

I don't know if this will work, but for your problem with the desktop icons, you might try changing the index.theme file with something like that:

[Icon Theme]
Name=Xquisite
Comment=
Inherits=Tango,gnome
Directories=scalable/apps,scalable/categories,scalable/devices,scalable/emblems,scalable/filesystems,scalable/mimetypes,scalable/places,scalable/status,scalable/xfce

[scalable/apps]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Applications
Type=Scalable

[scalable/categories]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Categories
Type=Scalable

[scalable/devices]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Devices
Type=Scalable

[scalable/emblems]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Emblems
Type=Scalable

[scalable/filesystems]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=FileSystems
Type=Scalable

[scalable/mimetypes]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=MimeTypes
Type=Scalable

[scalable/places]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Places
Type=Scalable

[scalable/status]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Status
Type=Scalable

[scalable/xfce]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=256
Context=Applications
Type=Scalable

Or remove gnome and Tango to "Inherits =", but missing icons of your theme will not be replaced by those from Tango and GNOME.

#3 2009-02-18 03:39:19

crimesaucer

Re: Script for building icon set?

bailout wrote:

I downloaded an icon set from xfce look http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.p … tent=69735 but it only contains scalable icons. This mostly works but I had a problem with desktop icons that were calling for fixed size 32x32 icons and hence showing default rather than the new icon set.

I have seen on some icon sets for other desktops that there is sometimes a script included that builds a full icon set from the downloaded icons. Is there a similar generic xfce icon script that I could use to build a full set of icons using the scalable ones in the set I downloaded?

thanks

If you install the app called Inkscape, then you can run this command to change a whole folder of images from large .svg to all 32x32 .png images. Then use Thunar's Bulk Rename app to fix the names.

This is the command that I use to do this:

for i in *.svg; do inkscape -f "$i" -e "$i.png" -w32 -h32; done

width and height can be changed to whatever size.

When I would make my own icon packs..... I would make a copy of the whole scalable folder (with all of the different folders and icons in it). Then I would change the new folder's name to 48x48, 24x24, 22x22, and 16x16. Then in each indivdual folder you can run that command in the terminal and it will convert and resize the .svg images to .png images..... then delete the .svg images and use Bulk Rename to change the "icon.svg.png" name to "icon.png".

I bet you could write a script that would do this to each folder at the same time, and maybe even delete the .svg images all at one...... maybe even change the names at once.

Board footer