Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-18 16:49:56

hilltownboy

Faulty xfce4-terminal

Would appreciate help.  On upgrading from Debian "Etch" to "Lenny" the Xfce4 Terminal functions abnormally: the cursor is grey and typed-in commands do not show until after they have been executed (not good if one's spelling isn't absolutely correct).  Also the text is in a rainbow of colors.  The same for X-Terminal as root (GKsu) which also appears on the Xfce window menu.

Xterm, also on the menu, works normally, while xfterm4 (which was not in my "Etch") loads and disappears instantly.  A comparison of "printenv" for Terminal and xterm is identical, except Terminal has "COLORTERM=Terminal", while xterm has "XTERM_SHELL=/bin/bash", and XTERM_LOCALE and XTERM_VERSION.  A file called ~/.config/terminal/terminalrc has a lot of configuration entries but I don't find anything to explain what they are or whether they can correct the faulty action.

My "Lenny" is a light system using xfce4 without all the Gnome and KDE stuff not needed by xfce.  xfce is 4.4.2.1 and xfce4-terminal is 0.2.8-5.  Obviously I am no expert and need help.

#2 2009-03-23 16:35:17

herd
Website

Re: Faulty xfce4-terminal

Can you post a screenshot?

The closest I ever got to this was upgrading inside a virtual machine.
There, disabling the compositor helped - faulty graphics drivers didn't like the transparent vte widget.

#3 2009-03-29 19:38:38

hilltownboy

Re: Faulty xfce4-terminal

Haven't mastered Gimp or other seemingly complex ways of making a snapshot of a terminal.  My xfce4 menu has an entry for "X Window Screenshot", but nothing happens when I click on it.

Board footer