Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-25 13:34:25

goodwin57

mounting webdav on thunar mount folder disappears

If anyone could help me with this/point me to another forum which might be able to I'd really appreciate it.

Following the instructions on
http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/146306
to mount a webdav folder I installed samba wdfs and fuse and I (think) I've mounted the folder.  I've set the folder permissions to allow the 'fuse' group access to read/write/execute, I am a member of that group, the folder allows guest access and editing.  I type the commands into a terminal (I'll automate later) and click enter, it prompts for a username and password which I give and when I go to the folder using thunar I can see the folder, I click on it and it shows 1000gb free space (more than I have on the laptop or the webdav space but still, it doesn't show any files/folders) but after a few seconds it disappears - i.e. I can't see it using the gui, although it is still there (I can't create a new folder with the same name, etc.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Simon

#2 2009-06-25 15:10:33

goodwin57

Re: mounting webdav on thunar mount folder disappears

I thought of seeing if linux can see what's inside the folder using ls - it can...which makes the issue more infuriating but (I hope) more a gui issue than server setup.

EDIT: I can also open the folder in thunar using the terminal by cd /myfolderlocation then sudo thunar... When there the name appears to be slightly wrong (it should be /mnt/home/gmxdrive it appears as mydisk:///gmxdrive) I don't know if this matters or not. It appears my network shares and permissions aren't correct on this folder (although I've set them on the folder prior to mounting the drive)...

Board footer