Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-01 20:37:08

VinzC

Keyboard repetition settings lost upon closing session w. Xfce 4.7

Hi.

I'm using Xfce4 version 4.7 on Gentoo, AMD64. Recently I upgraded Xfce4 to version 4.7 to fix a few issues, including getting rid of HAL. I want to keep my session settings (running applications, desktop wallpaper, themes, panels and launchers...) so I'd prefer not to erase my Xfce config and cache data again.

So far I had cleaned the config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-per-channel-xml directory and left only the following files:

• xfce4-desktop.xml

• xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

• xfce4-panel.xml

• xfwm4.xml

• xsettings.xml

Despite these precautions, everytime I open my Xfce4 session, key presses are not repeated even though the check box is ticked in the keyboard settings dialog. I must display the keyboard settings dialog again, untick and tick the "Enable key repeat" check box. However if I start Xfce with another user from a blank Xfce profile, this setting seems to be kept in subsequent sessions with the same user account.

Is that a problem I need to track down or is it a bug that I must file?

Thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.

#2 2011-08-05 20:19:05

dmaphy
Website

Re: Keyboard repetition settings lost upon closing session w. Xfce 4.7

Maybe it's a good idea to just note down that this issue was resolved with this bug: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7049. I faced the same issue and disabling the load of the Gnome runtime environment at startup so that the gnome-settings-daemon won't be started anymore also fixed the issue for me. smile

#3 2011-08-05 22:11:44

VinzC

Re: Keyboard repetition settings lost upon closing session w. Xfce 4.7

dmaphy wrote:

Maybe it's a good idea to just note down that this issue was resolved with this bug: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7049. I faced the same issue and disabling the load of the Gnome runtime environment at startup so that the gnome-settings-daemon won't be started anymore also fixed the issue for me. smile

I know, I reported the bug. The only thing that buzzes me is that Gnome settings daemon allowed me to unlock my private keys as soon as I logged in. Now I must type ssh-add each time I open a session.

I have installed the whole bunch of seahorse, pam interaction and desktop plugins... for nothing. I'd still like to know how I can restore that nifty behaviour though. Now it looks like gnome keyring is no longer bound to my session's password/login. I asked the question in Gentoo forums (one year ago maybe), no response. Same here. So maybe this problem is fixed but it broke something else which I was relying upon.

Board footer