Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-10 19:22:00

Miccovin

Session restore and filemanager (Thunar/Pcmanfm) - Bug?

Hi folks,

i like to use 6 desktops for several programs (firefox, thunderbird etc.) and 1-2 thunars at every desktop. For the other programs i use devilspie to say them where they have to load. But for thunar it does not work as i want, so i have to use the session manager of XFCE.
Buuuuuut, some times i store all the opened thunars and reboot and then - no thunar opens again.
Sometimes it works - but only for a week and the next day in the morning it happens: All thunars are being killed - no one will be restored. From one day to next day. Uaaarg - and this happens so often....it is very annoying.

I thought that this is an Thunar-XFCE-problem, so i tried pcmanfm. And it happens again.
I tried the Gnome-Commander, but it has other problems with the restoring functions...

So please do you know what i have to do to store my session with some thunars.......  I like XFCE so much but it is so annoying that this does not work.

I have this problems with Xubuntu 10.10 and Zenwalk 6.4.

Greets,
Mic

#2 2011-06-28 14:04:01

tg3793

Re: Session restore and filemanager (Thunar/Pcmanfm) - Bug?

I have the same problem using Nautilus under Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 (Gnome Desktop). I wonder if there is any sort of connection.

#3 2011-12-05 08:15:00

Miccovin

The bug still exists. sad

#4 2011-12-05 12:03:29

angstrom

If there is no bug filled on the bug tracker https://bugzilla.xfce.org/ , there is little chance that it will be fixed ... Developpers don't have much time to read forum.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#5 2011-12-06 00:25:31

daggoth

Miccovin wrote:

...and 1-2 thunars at every desktop. For the other programs i use devilspie to say them where they have to load. But for thunar it does not work as i want...

Apart from the session restore problem... If devilspie isn't working for you, then you could try using wmctrl instead. Just a thought.

Board footer