Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-13 15:06:41

Ancurio

Help on compiling "Hello World"

Hi there,
this is my first post so I'm just quickly going to mention how much I love XFCE and that it really helped me make the transition to Linux^^

Now for my problem; I wanted to try learning some basic GUI coding and started reading this guide,
and I already fail at creating the right make-file >.>

CC = g++

CFLAGS = -Wall -O2

xfcapp: xfcapp.cc xfcapp.hh
    $(CC) xfcapp.cc -o xfcapp $(CFLAGS) `pkg-config xfcui-X.X --cflags --libs`

clean:
    rm -f *.o xfcapp

It says I need to replace the "X.X" with my version of xfcui. Now, I don't know if this tutorial is up to date, but the only lib I've got is "libxfce4ui(-devel)" version 4.7.2,
so I tried inserting that, tried it without the devel package, tried only two version numbers instead of three, basically any combination I could imagine,
but all I ever get is "No package 'libxfce4ui-devel-4.7.2' found" and a bunch of other make errors. Am I just lacking some basic knowledge about make-files and/or packages?
The distro I'm using is Fedora 14 by the way. Thanks for any help!

#2 2011-02-13 18:29:26

Ancurio

Re: Help on compiling "Hello World"

Alright, I somehow managed to trackdown the location of pkg-config and set the correct package (which was simply "libxfce4ui-1" btw.).
So here comes the next problem: the line "#include <xfc/main.hh>" causes an error because.. well the file doesn't seem to exist.
(Here's the whole header file)

#include <xfc/main.hh>
#include <xfc/gtk/window.hh>

using namespace Xfc;

class XfcApp : public Gtk::Window
{
public:
    XfcApp();
    virtual ~XfcApp();
};

I searched all "include" folders and even others, and still couldn't find anything that resembles a "main.hh" file.

Board footer