Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-14 23:04:51

benke

tvtime always on top stealing focus

Hi all. I am new in XFCE after moved from KDE because it become too heavy for my old hardware. I must say I am very satisfied with XFCE and would like to thank to everyone who is involved in making such great DE. Right. There's little annoyance I will try to describe.

I have tvtime for watching TV on Linux. When I am working and tvtime is on, it is usualy windowed in upper left part of the screen and is set to be always on top so it can partialy overlap other windows. Now, imagine this window not in focus. I also have deadbeef for playing music. Everytime song changes, in upper right corner pops up small window with track name and so. Now, here's problem: when this small window disappears, tvtime gains focus which is annoying because if I am typing something in terminal, all of the sudden my keyboard pressing starts to change tvtime settings :-) I don't know is it XFCE problem or something else is buggy but I would like to hear if you have some advice. And, it was not happening under KDE.

Thanks in advance.

Board footer