Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-13 00:12:49

fremantle

getting wireless to work in xfce

hey evryone, just signed up for the forum.

so it did a custom xfce installation from a minimal ubuntu build (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= … stcount=10), but now i cant connect to the wireless network. i mean i installed the bcmwl package and i can see the wireless networks with wifi radar, but i cannot connect. i tried wicd and swscanner but they dont work, neithr does wifiradar. at this stage i need something that will allow me to see and connect to my wireless network, like the nm-applet in gnome. is there anything like that for xfce?

Last edited by fremantle (2011-06-13 00:13:17)

#2 2011-06-13 12:19:34

stqn

Re: getting wireless to work in xfce

I think you probably could get more help in another forum (Ubuntu or Xubuntu I guess.) I'm not using Wifi on my main (Arch Linux) computer at the moment, but when I did I was using a package named "wireless_tools" that contains iwconfig. Hm, wicd depends on it in fact... You probably should give more information than "it doesn't work" smile. (Though I don't know if I'll be able to help.)

If you can see the networks but can't connect, maybe the signal isn't strong enough. Does it work from another OS?

Board footer