Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-30 16:52:31

the98

Where should I make suggestions about projects?

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I don't post anything.

I have a question about XFCE's projects in general, but in this case I want to ask about two applications specifically.

Ristretto:

I think it's great to have a lightweight image viewer, however I've tried the latest version (0.93) which I think it's has improved in some small ways, but it's got worse in some other way. When zoom an image on version 0.93 it shows the logo while zooming and that doesn't allow to watch just how much you want to zoom. That didn't happen on version 0.22 which is the one that's currently on the Debian Squeeze repository. I think that's a step down for the project.

Another thing that would be nice is to have a Print menu, maybe using xfprint. I don't think that feature would be that hard to include in the future.

Finally, I don't care for the Space Bar to move to the next image and Backspace to the previous. I think they should implement the arrows, or let you configure the keys that you want.

Xfburn:

I love Xfburn. It's great but the project has been freezed for a while now. All users know that it has some mayor bugs that need to be fixed, like the application crashing when dragging files from different directories. Users with "creativity" move all the files they want to burn into one directory and then add it to Xfburn, but I think that's a complication for users that barely know how to burn a CD/DVD.

Also, there are a lot of feature that could be included, so we don't have the need to install applications with greater dependencies like Brasero or K3B.

---------------

So, these are suggestions, not complaints. I hope they are well received and taken for future releases.

Thanks to the XFCE team for the great work!

Keep it up!

Kind Regards.

#2 2011-06-30 20:50:42

wkr

Re: Where should I make suggestions about projects?

Finally, I don't care for the Space Bar to move to the next image and Backspace to the previous. I think they should implement the arrows, or let you configure the keys that you want

+1, arrows are more intuitive

#3 2013-04-09 16:43:59

matinter

Hello! I hate brasero, this buggy garbage. Did You know that XFBurn is only program, that can burn 3 (or more) disks same time? I love this! But it extremely need to have verification. Please, add this feature as soon, as possible!

#4 2014-11-10 14:10:44

pops

Hi everyone

Sorry to up this old post but the subject corresponds exactly to what I was looking for. I'm just a user, I have no skills in computing, I'm just looking for where to make a suggestion for future development of Ristretto. I'm a new Xubuntu user and I can't find a good solution to simply, lightly, view AND print images. All the alternatives I found took much longer to launch than Ristretto and were unnecessarily complicated, or were also very simple viewers without printing function. I agree with the98, that a printing function in Ristretto would be a good thing ! I don't know if it's hard to add this feature to the program but I testify that it's a very basic function which lacks.

I came on this forum because it was suggested here : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/878982

#5 2014-11-10 15:48:43

ToZ
Administrator

The best place to make feature requests is in the bug tracker. That being said, a request (albeit an old one) for printing from ristretto already exists: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5365.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer