Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-30 09:05:52

AG

Cannot add any more plugins to panel, mounting USB sticks & logging ou

For some unknown reason, I am now unable to add any more plugins to the panel.  Because a USB data stick had not been automatically mounted, I wanted to add the (u)mount plugin to the panel, but despite going through the motions of doing so, no actual icon was affixed to the panel.

Mind you, this also does not explain why the USB stick wasn't automagically mounted which may well be a separate issue altogether.  Any idea why this may be the case?  I've just tested this in Gnome and it works fine - and this is without rebooting the machine.

Finally, logging out of Xfce seems to be quite a procedure - click on the door icon with the red arrow and select log out and save session and then we wait ... .  Eventually, the panels disappear and about a minute or so later, the login screen comes up again.  Is it usually that slow, or is that because it is the first time I am logging out of Xfce and it has to write things to file?

I'm not sure that this will make much difference, but this on Debian stable using Xfce4.6.2

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

#2 2011-07-30 09:52:17

AG

Re: Cannot add any more plugins to panel, mounting USB sticks & logging ou

FWIW, once I recovered the panel again (thanks to Nick) I saw that the plugins I had attempted to install were actually all there.  I presume somewhere the procedure got stuck and just weren't showing up.  This may also explain why the system took so long to logout.

Board footer