Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-18 14:08:04

M4he

Thank you!

Instead of just saying hello I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude towards the XFCE devs and the community.

I want to thank all of you who have contributed or will contribute to this project!

Nowadays desktop environments seem to drastically move from productivity towards entertainment and eyecandy.
Don't get me wrong, I love eyecandy... but not if it cripples my system.

Ubuntu went from Gnome2 to Unity - ehh... is this supposed to be a dock? Ah... Unity has united everything into one crowded place...
Other distros went from Gnome2 to Gnome3 - Yay iCandy! Wait... where's the menu!? Ah fortunately I have huge buttons for everything...

Honestly, I had a great time with Gnome2 (R.I.P.) but I don't want to use Debian stable just to stick to a dieing system.

I'm now running Arch with XFCE and I must say that this DE has matured quite a lot (I still remember trying out xubuntu years ago).
It will be a dignified Gnome2 successor for me the next few years at least, I think.

Thanks for that wonderful desktop environment that allows me to keep being productive on a good-looking, stable and slim system.

#2 2011-10-03 06:56:35

tyhee88

Re: Thank you!

You may not see this as it's been a while since your post, but ...

in what way is Debian dying?

If the point is that Gnome 2 is dying, I understand, but as I sit here typing this using Debian Testing with an XFCE desktop, I certainly hope Debian will be alive and kicking for some time.

b

Board footer