Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-18 19:57:30

Sideburns
Website

Mounting removable drives

I'm running Fedora 14, and after a little playing around finally managed to upgrade to XFCE 4.8.  When I was using 4.6, removable drives not only showed up on the desktop, they automounted.  Now, although I told XFCE to migrate my old settings, they don't.  (This isn't the only setting that changed, but the only one, so far, I'm having trouble with.)  I've gone into the Preferences for Removable Drives, told it to mount them and clicked OK.  Then, I logged out and back in and tried again, both with a CD and a Flash Drive.  Both showed up on the desktop, as unmounted drives.  Does anybody know how to get XFCE 4.8 to Do What I Told It To Do?

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2011-11-29 23:32:26

pfps

Re: Mounting removable drives

I too was having this problem.  I tried lots of things.  Then I fsck'd the partition, and everything worked!

I don't know whether any causality was involved, however, and I haven't had much experience after the change to see if it will stick.

#3 2011-11-30 13:23:01

pfps

Re: Mounting removable drives

No joy.  The bad behaviour is back.

Does anyone have advice on why automounting is failing?  I think that I have the appropriate stuff set up - Removable Drives and Media has Mount for both hot-plugging and removable media insertion.  There are no strange messages in the system log.

Board footer