Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-16 19:12:06

Mellowbob

Compiz intergration

Hello all. I'm another refugee from the latest Ubuntu with Gnome/Unity. Just love xfce!

I've tried to get compiz running with xfce and for the most part it runs just fine. However, the workspace switcher just doesn't seem compatible. I've read a few posts on this and none seem to work for me.

Seems that if I set compiz->general options->Desktop size so that we have 1 horizontal, 1 vertical and 4 desktops it will be the same as the compiz workspace panel. And, the window buttons will display properly. So far, so good. But, now the compiz "desktop wall" doesn't work smile I'm thinking there is a conflcit in the keybindings?

While I'm typing ... is there a "preferred" method for running compiz? Right now I have it as a startup program (compiz --replace ccp). I tired it by changing the /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-session.xml
file and that seems to cause some problems (not sure about that).

One other thing: If I switch to a virtual terminal (ctr-alt-f1) and then back I get a black xfce screen. If I move the mouse around a bit I get things refreshed.

Thanks.

#2 2011-10-24 14:39:34

israel

Re: Compiz intergration

I think you need something more like 2 horizontal 2 vertical and 1 desktop.
or 4 horizontal 1 vertical.
those are your workspaces.... the desktops is something like other monitors, I think.....
That should help

ps.... did you download emerald from a ppa, or are you using gtk-window-decorator??

if you are using gtk-window-decorator... do you know how to change the themes??

#3 2011-10-24 16:27:31

Mellowbob

Re: Compiz intergration

Yes, 2 vert/horz works.

I was still having a problem with all new windows opening on #1 no matter which was active.

I grabbed fusion-icon and ran that. Works pretty good! However, I seem to have lost my <super> key bindings (actually, <super> seems dead).

No, I didn't get emerald. It's no longer in ubuntu. Don't know why. fuison-icon gives you an option to select different window managers which seems to work just fine.

I've not spent a lot of time with this, but I think that fusion-icon is probably the best way to get started.

Board footer