Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-25 20:08:12

crazy bird
Website

Remove 1 language, get 1 for free back.....

Really, this is weird.

I'm using Xubuntu 11.10 in Dutch language. So, to avoid any problems i removed all English Language file using Language Settings. Before doing this i only had English and Dutch language on my system. After de-installing the English language files i assumed that i only had 1 language left: Dutch. But to my own surprise i noticed i had now beside the Dutch language, also this language in Language setting: Chinese (Singapore).

So, i've asked a question about it on the Dutch Ubuntu forum and 1 person adviced to use Bleachbit to remove any unnecesary language files. I installed Bleachbit and started the program as root. In the preferences i unchecked English, also very strange that according Bleachbit it was still installed, and let Bleachbit remove the English language files.

I went to Language setting to check if the English language files was removed for real and it was. And also Chinese (Singapore) was gone! No wait.... Now i have Chinese (China) in return for it!!!

What's going here??? Am i missing something??? Am i doing something wrong here???

Any help will be appreciated!!!

#2 2011-10-26 16:05:57

rijnsma

Re: Remove 1 language, get 1 for free back.....

Al die talen ook... big_smile
I don't know where to find it, but can't you install Dutch again?

Last edited by rijnsma (2011-10-26 16:06:34)

#3 2011-10-26 17:15:43

crazy bird
Website

rijnsma wrote:

Al die talen ook... big_smile
I don't know where to find it, but can't you install Dutch again?

Jah, t'is echt een Chinese brij voor MIj big_smile

I'll try removing Dutch and install it again. But i don't think that's the problem. It must be when English is removed for reason the Chinese language appears.

#4 2011-10-26 17:25:27

rijnsma

Destroy Chinese and install Dutch. big_smile

#5 2011-10-27 00:28:05

angstrom

It sound more like a bug of Bleachbit than Xfce ...
Also, it look like it did'nt recognize that you have installed Dutch and so when removing English, it force to install another language, and it appear that it choose Chineese ... I have similar problem once while installing LibreOffice

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#6 2011-10-27 15:57:16

crazy bird
Website

@Rijnsma:
English and dutch were installed already when i did a fresh installation of Xubuntu.
Chinese language is nowhere selected, not in Language settings, not in Bleachbit.

@Angstrom:
I think it's more likely a bug of Xfce. Your explanation about not recognizing the Dutch language sounds plausable. But i hasd this problem before i installed Bleachbit. Under Language Setting i removed Engl;ish and got chinese (Singapore) in return, English was removed. Bleachbit showed that English was still installed, so i let Bleachbit remove the english language as well and then i got Chinese (Chine) instead of Chinese (Singapore). And this without checking the Chinese language for installation.

Last edited by crazy bird (2011-10-27 16:07:16)

Board footer